Notarizations often represent major life milestones. For example, you may need a notary to finalize the paperwork for buying a home, adopting a child, getting married, or preparing your will. According to the National Notary Association, there were over 4.4 million notaries in the United States in 2017.
Online notary services, which give the same service essentially as they do in person, have been on the growth year over year, with nine states passing remote notarization legislation in 2019. And prevalence has skyrocketed during the coronavirus pandemic as more businesses have adopted virtual services.
Must read – Home Depot Online Customer Service
Notarize scored the highest marks crossed multiple categories. The company is one of the only alternatives with an app for iPhone, Android, and iPad. The company’s 24/7/365 way to notaries also stands out among the contestant. Notarize gives a 100% money-back guarantee, making it hard to beat.
- Available 24/7 and 365 days through the year
- Access via mobile app or tablet
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Some recent Trustpilot complaints about incorrect notarizations
- Some software complaints in the iTunes store
- Online notary 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year with a computer, android, iphone, or ipad
- Shines with its availability, application, and money-back guarantee
- Notarize is well-established
- Experienced 600% growth in 2020
- Allows to meet with a notary online face-to-face
- Works for any web-enabled desktop or laptop computer with a webcam
NotaryCam is best on the list for various signers because the company can work with multiple signers for a notarization. In addition, each signer may be in a different location. NotaryCam can even schedule numerous signing sessions, a unique contribution among the online notary services.
- Supports multiple signers from various locations
- Available 24/7 and 365 days every year
- Security with SSL encryption
- $79 cost for notarizations outside of the U.S.
- Some client complaints on Trustpilot about delayed engagements
- Ability to support multiple signers from various locations
- Offers services in all 50 states
- Allows a face-to-face conference with a live notary trained
- High-speed internet way and a desktop or laptop computer including a webcam and audio
- 24X7x365 days per year
- Three-step process
- Upload documents, attach with a live notary
- Verify your identity, electronically sign, apply the notary seal.
SIGNiX offers the most economical pricing for online notary services. While most companies price $25 for one notarization, SIGNiX allows one notarial seal for only $10. The cost for extra notarial seals, if required, is also cheaper, at $5.
- Single notarization for $10
- Audit trail technology for security
- No direct-to-consumer notarizations
- Limited information on the website
- The competitive, affordable pricing structure
- The most comprehensive cloud-based digital signature company in north america
- The most affordable online notary assistance
4. Nexsys Technologies
Nexsys Technologies reaches out with the best online notary service during real estate transactions. The company’s technology concentrates on notarizations for multiple-page mortgage originations and closings. The software and notary lead you through the means to make sure there are no missing signatures, which could hold the transaction.
- Specializes in real estate transactions
- Supports remote, in-person, or hybrid closings
- Software may reduce missed signatures
- Service not available in all states
- Must contact your title company for pricing
- Fintech company
- Offers advanced technology
- Mortgage originations and closings
- Specializes in smarter lending
- Offers clear hoi
- Unique tool
- Enhances communication among mortgage lenders and homeowners insurance companies
- Attaches home buyers and closing agents in a platform
- Includes a web-enabled desktop or laptop computer and mobile device
- More agile than in-person transactions
eNotaryLog gives the company’s emphasis on customer service. It’s one of the only online notary services with assistance via live chat through the company’s website.
- Available 365 days per year
- Customer support by chat or phone
- Nationwide availability
- Less-established company
- Limited to one notarized document per session
- Allows comfortable access to assistance with suitable hours via chat and phone
- Latest online notary service
- Emphasis on protecting sensitive documents
- Work from 24/7 controlled and HIPAA-compliant offices
- Platform from the company’s website
- Allows to access the service from a web-enabled device
- Offers a path to a live notary every day
OneNotary snagged a spot for speedy online notarizations. You can register a time slot for a 10-minute online notary service through an online scheduler on the company’s site. After signing up, you will automatically get an invite with more details via email. While a few other businesses offer fast service, most don’t leave you to schedule appointments or guarantee a specific time frame, making OneNotary a top pick for speed.
- Schedule 10-minute notary appointments
- Available in all 50 states
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Less-established company
- Notarized document only available for seven days
- Newer online notary service
- Ability to schedule 10-minute remote notarizations
- Web-enabled desktop or laptop computer
- Uses end-to-end TSL and multi-layered encryption
- Keeps the information safe