The Government of India has propelled many online services to make its services more accessible to citizens. However, because of a lack of awareness, people still reach most of the services offline.
We are bringing you a list of 10 online government services that you probably have not heard of and the means to access the same.
1. Identity of a Vehicle
We can understand the ownership particulars of a vehicle using the Vehicle registration number. It will be effective in case of accidents, rash driving, hit and run cases. Procedure to get aspects of vehicle owner from number plate:
- VAHAN <SPACE> VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBER, Push it to 7738299899
- The vehicle registration number should be in uppercase with no space in between the letters and number
- Go to https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/
- Type Vehicle Registration Number
- Enter Verification code
- Tap on Submit.
- You will notice vehicle registration details here.
2. Get Voter ID card specifications based on the name.
If you want to get details available on a Voter ID card such as a place to cast your vote, roll number in the voter ID list, etc., you can get it by implementing basic details like name, gender, date of birth, etc. in the National Voter Service Portal.
Plan to get Voter ID card particulars:
- Visit http://electoralsearch.in/Search by providing basic information like name, date of birth, gender, and State.
Once you have provided the expected information, you will get all the details available in the Voter ID card, such as where you have to cast a vote, roll number in the voter list, etc.
3. Prevent accessing Aadhaar details
Many Aadhaar holders fear the potential misuse of data provided in Aadhaar. UIDAI gives a mechanism to lock the biometric data and prevent any breach of your data. Once the Biometrics is closed, the Aadhaar holder will not be capable of using their Biometrics for authentications, and neither can anyone else, thus blocking potential misuse. Aadhaar holders can also momentarily unlock Aadhaar biometric data later.
Procedure to lock Aadhaar Biometrics:
- Proceed to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/biometric-lock
- Insert the Aadhaar number and security code/captcha
- Tap on “Send OTP.”
- You will get the OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP. Click on “Verify”
- Click on “Enabled Biometric Locking” and click “Enable.”
4. Download PAN card as PDF
If you ever thought of receiving PAN Card as PDF, there is a way to make it. You can download it from DigiLocker. DigiLocker is a Government of India stage where citizens can store and access digital documents anytime, anywhere and share them online.
- Sign up using your Adhaar number on the DigiLocker website
- Click on Issued Documents on the left-hand side of the page.
- A message which displays a link on `Pull documents” will appear. Tap on it.
- In Partner’s Name, choose `Income Tax Department, Govt of India’ and document type choose `PAN verification record.’
- Enter Name, DoB, PAN No., Gender details. Tap on `Get document’ to download PAN Card.
5. PAN Card
The income-tax department, having an electronic portal for lodging PAN-related grievances. You can utilize this portal to submit your grievances about an application for PAN submitted to either UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Ltd (UTITSL) or National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL). So if you have not got a PAN card even after demanding, you can lodge your complaints directly at https://incometax.in.
6. Online Applications for Learners License
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has automated most vehicles and driver’s license-related services through Vahan and Sarathi website. Here’s presenting you the procedure to apply for a learner’s license online.
Procedure to apply for learner’s license:
- Visit https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice8/stateSelection.
- Do pick your State.
- On the left-hand side, click Apply Online.
- Click on New Learners License
- Click on Continue
- As you apply for a new Learner Licence, select the first choice, “Applicant does not hold Driving/ Learner Licence,” then click Submit button. Fill in all the necessary information.* marked block is mandatory to fill.
- After completing the form, click on Submit button. After successful submission, an Application Number will be created, and SMS will be sent to the entered mobile number. The candidate may ask for a print of the generated acknowledgment.
- Click on the Next button for documents, photos, and signature upload.
- Select the UPLOAD DOCUMENTS option and click the Next button. Select the appropriate documents and proofs for respective documents.
- Select the options document, upload the form, click on Confirm button to document upload confirmation, and click on the Next key.
- Repeat the document upload scheme to upload all necessary documents.
- After correct uploading of all necessary documents, click on the Next button to Photo and Signature.
- Click on the Browse key to select a photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Tap on Upload and View Files
- After successful upload of Photograph and Signature, tap on Save Photo & Signature Image Files.
- “Inserted Successfully” message will be displayed on successful upload.
- Then click on the Next key to Fee Payment.
- Select the Fee Payment option and tap Next for fee payment
- Directions is revealed for Online Payment for the LL/DL Applications. Tap “Click here to Continue ePayment.”
- Make the payment
Once all uploads are concluded and confirmed, you’ll get a prompt to book your Learner’s License test slot. Reserve a block/timeslot, visit the RTO on that specific day with all the required documents, and clear the test.
7. Forgetting the IRCTC username and password
In case, forgotten the IRCTC username and password, you won’t be worthy of booking the tickets. But here are two ways out to get back the username and password.
- You might have accepted an email id to register with IRCTC in the beginning.
- Open that mailbox and search for “ticket admin” in it.
- Mail will possess the password and user name.
- Assign an email (email@example.com) to IRCTC informing you that you have forgotten your username and password and know your registered mail id.
- You will get an auto-generated reply specifying an ID with the correspondence.
- It is designated Ticket ID, and it is applied to track the details of your grievance in the future.
- You can request IRCTC to use this ticket ID as a reference to get your user id.
- IRCTC customer care number is available here.
8. Apply for Passport’s Police Clearance Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate is issued to Indians planning to go abroad for employment, long-term stay, or residential stay. Now you can apply for Police Clearance Certificate online over the Passport Seva website.
Procedure to apply for Police Clearance Certificate:
- Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal.
- Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal using the Login Id generated in Step 1
- Tap the “Apply for Police Clearance Certificate” link.
- Fill in the necessary details in the form and submit.
- Tap the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
- Tap the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing the Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number. However, carrying a printout of the Application Receipt is no longer required. An SMS with your appointment details is also accepted as proof of appointment during your visit to Passport Office.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO), where the appointment has been booked and original documents.
9. Register a company name, Check whether it is previously registered or not
You can verify whether your desired name once exists or not on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website by providing your company’s name here.
10. Register a trademark. Check whether it is previously registered or not.
A trademark search is a quest made in the database of the Trademark Registry. The investigation determines whether the required trademark is available for use in connection with certain goods or services. In the analysis, similar wordmarks and phonetically identical names in a specific class are comprehensively searched. Check whether the desired trademark doesn’t conflict with previously registered trademarks on http://ipindiaonline.gov.in/tmrpublicsearch/frmmain.aspx
Best of Luck!!!